Volunteers program is now open.
Internship Program at Sarawak Tourism Board
Sarawak Tourism Board (STB) has come up with a structured internship program that will not only provides students with practical work experience but also develop and expose students to the various activities undertaken by the Board. The internship program is designed to provide an overall internship experience of global exposure in best business practices, good corporate governance, performance measurement of KPIs, and organizational transformation.
Concept & Scope
The Internship program will formally integrates the student’s academic study with work experience on activities organised and managed within the Board. The program is designed for the students to gain work experience in marketing and promotion of the destination.
- The intent of this program is to provide a unique learning experience for the interns whilst at the same time being exposed to the product experiences of Sarawak’s cultures, nature and adventures on the island of Borneo.
- To collaborate with the academia as part of an industry advisory platform in enhancing the quality of graduates that is relevant to the need of the industry.
- To help students obtain practical experience and new skills in their field of study.
- To provide a contextual learning environment that validates a curriculum of study.
- To establish an International relationship and exchange program with various Universities, globally.
- To provides new experiences to the interns which will relate to their final year curriculum at the University.
- To provide a competitive edge for student and enable them a greater chance for full time employment.
STB is the organizer for the two well-known festival namely the iconic Rainforest World Music Festival and Borneo Jazz Festival. Both of these events are of international stature and generate economic benefits to the State of Sarawak and its people.
Duration of Internship
- Minimum of three (3) months and not more than six (6) months.
Eligibility & Qualifications
- The Internship Program is made available to students from participating Universities worldwide majoring in Marketing, Communication, Tourism and Event Management.
- English language is mandatory.
Application of internship should be submitted to:
Sarawak Tourism Board
5th – 7th Floor, Bangunan Yayasan Sarawak,
Fax: 6 082-416701