Media Accreditation is now closed.
Before you send in your request for media credentials, please read the important information below.
During the Borneo Jazz (BJ), we will organize media briefings, launching, interview, photo opportunities, tours for the media and to facilitate the performer’s press conference. All media will require official accreditation during the period.
To be eligible for press credentials you must:
- Be on editorial assignment with media outlet that publishes music or travel and destination coverage.
- Editor must put in the request and copy the writers on the email.
- Accreditation can be supported with proof record of reporting in previous or present festivals.
- Media accreditation is allocated only to media professionals.
- Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr or Youtube pages are not considered as eligible outlets for media credentials.
- Freelance writers who are not on assignment is not eligible.
- Blogger, photographer, videographer looking to build portfolios and not reaching global audience will not be credentialed.
- For college publication or radio station, please have the assigning editor/producer submit the application.
- Media hosted by the Festival’s sponsors must put in the request through the sponsor’s PR office.
- Point and Shoot cameras will not be permitted in photographer’s pits. This policy will be enforced by Festival’s security.
- Requests for accreditation can be denied if the applications are incomplete.
Accredited media will be entitled to a complimentary entry and free access to Festival’s Media Centre. This credential DOES NOT include accommodation, flights and transfer arrangement at the festival.
Airlines flying to the city of Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia:
- Malaysia Airlines
- Royal Brunei Airlines (destination Bandar Seri Begawan, distance 2hrs 30mins by Taxi to Miri, Sarawak. Bus available).